Monday 29 March 2010

A Visit From The Flu

Dear Immune System,

When are you going to give me a break?

Signed,

Me.


Seriously, if there was a worse time to come down with flu then I seriously can't think of it. It's bad enough to get sick at all, but falling on the weekend when my husband is away was rotten luck. Add to that my little darlings missing their daddy and behaving like a couple of little grouchy, mini-ogres, refusing to sleep and grumbling around the place and the fact that this is one week I can't afford to be ill and you pretty much have the ultimate Worst Time To Come Down With Flu package.

I had a rotten throat and a cough all day yesterday but by the time it got to evening I'd broken out in sweats and shivers too. Suddenly every limb hurt and my head felt like it was going to explode. I tucked myself up in bed and spent the night tossing and turning with fevers.

I had to resort to the one thing I really hate this morning and sit my girls in front of the TV. Well, I say 'sit'. They also had a race in the hallway, climbed all over the couch and spent twenty minutes bouncing on the bed in unison. That certainly aided my rest and recuperation as I'm sure you can imagine. There's nothing like two exuberant toddlers crashing down on your aching legs with the force of a ten-ton weight!

I am so done with this coughing. I managed to wake Natasha in the middle of her nap and now I am going to have a crabby, grumpy little girl for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment