Thursday 18 March 2010

One Thumping Head - Check!

My body has decided to set up a sequence of warning signs before an egg decides to make an appearance these days. Unfortunately the main one is a head that thumps like the Samba band from last night's concert. When the migraine started kicking in around lunchtime yesterday I had two thoughts:

1) Yippee, I think I'm about to O!

and...

2) Oh no, not today! Of all days, not when fifty students are going to come marching past me with drums!

I just about battled it with Migralieve and caffeine, but today it came back with a vengeance. In the end I had to give in and laying down for a few hours helped a lot.

What stupid piece of DNA decided headaches and hormones should go hand in hand? It's hard to make a baby when every time you ovulate you could genuinely say,

"Not tonight, dear - I have a headache..."

No comments:

Post a Comment