Wednesday 10 March 2010

The business of peeing on sticks

We are TTC #3. So far, this has not been an easy task. Losses, LP defect, endometriosis and stinking rotten evaps have caused 17 months of disappointment.

When you have been TTC for a long time you sometimes lose sight of believing you will ever see a BFP, or at least one that sticks. Some of us, myself being a case in point, start looking for distractions through the cycle to sidetrack us from the ultimate goal. I know I'm not the only one who has become very wrapped up in the addiction of peeing on sticks.

Today is the day that has started coming around every cycle. First there's CD1, with the agony of endo. Then there's CD3 where the disappointment really sets in. CD 4 brings a lot of tears and frustration. Then, somewhere around Cd5-7, the let's-spend-a-fortune-on-things-I-will-eventually-pee-on phase begins.

I am something of an HPT Connoisseur these days. I like to search for new tests, great tests, fancy tests... I am so bored of the same peesticks sitting in my bathroom month after month. Last month I found about 15 different brands to try, which was pretty much a record for me! This month I am feeling more conservative and looking for trusted brands rather than new ones.

Maybe one day I will lose the urge to waste my money on things I will eventually pee on. But let's face it: I don't smoke, I rarely drink... I always thought I needed a vice, and if it's something that has the ability to change colour at the presence of HCG then so much the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment