Thursday 11 March 2010

Attack of the Cough

My girls have had a nasty cough/temperature-related virus for the last few days and last night Natasha had it so bad that we revisited her baby days with a very sleepless night. She went down as normal in the evening, but woke up at half past eleven crying. She soon settled again but as soon as I started creeping out the door I heard a violent cough and a nasty noise. I didn't need to put the lights on to realise the coughing has led to a projectile phlegm incident.

When the same thing happened immediately after changing her clothes it was pretty obvious someone wouldn't be able to lay down that night - which meant neither would I. Confining my DH down the hall for the night, Natasha and I remained propped up in bed through the early hours together. It reminded me of those nights when she was a baby and she would want to breastfeed half the night when a growth spurt was in progress.

Somewhere around half past four we both drifted to sleep for an hour but when I woke my arm was completely dead from her weight and trying to slip it out from underneath her resulted in two things: An angry Natasha and the ouch-my-hand-is-coming-back-to-life dance from me.

I had some temperatures during the night as well so I think I am the final victim of the virus in this household. Roll on summer with fewer bugs, better immune systems and less sleepless nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment