Sunday 21 March 2010

TTC Ramblings

I think I now have enough supplements to open a shop.

I think I just about have everything covered. I've got the soy isoflavones and agnus castus to help bring ovulation forward, the cod liver oil to help my CM, the B6 to help lengthen my LP, the bromelaine to help assist implantation, the folic acid because, well, that's obvious, and the B12 which I've actually forgotten why I am taking now but I'm sure it has to do with hormones somewhere.

So why am I not pregnant? Scratch that, why do I not even have an egg breaking down the door and waiting to launch itself onto an unsuspecting womb? I thought I was about to O a few days ago from the migraines, EWCM and positive OPKs but it was a total fake-out. I'm taking it as a personal insult because now I have to go through more O pain and headaches when I actually end up ovulating. I swear the eggs are laughing at me. I can practically hear them.

I did have an issue when I first bought some agnus castus. I couldn't quite remember what they were called so I ended up asking for Angus Cactus. The woman in the shop probably thought I wanted to speak to some prickly kind of guy. I felt like a total idiot, but then that's not an unusual situation for me, especially where TTC is concerned.

Just last week I caused a scene in the local chemist where FRERs were 2-for-1. If there's one thing I will stand up for, it's my peestick rights. They had been on offer for a couple of weeks and the deal had apparently expired on the day I went to stock up. The shop had left the label on the shelf though so when I went to pay for them and they rang up at twice the price I was fuming. My determination to receive the discounted peesticks I had been promised sent the shop assistant scurrying back to the HPT counter, leaving me at the head of a growing, angry queue who couldn't understand why the girl at the front of them wanted that many HPTs anyway.

An apologetic shop assistant returned with the shelf label and a discount for my purchase. The rest of the queue breathed a sigh of relief as I gathered my FRERs and left with my head held high. I am not normally good at standing up for myself, but when it comes to HPTs I know my rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment