Friday 9 July 2010

Hear Me Roar

After an absence of several years, loaves of tiger bread have returned to a local shop this week. My husband delightedly bought some and I was thrilled when I got home from work yesterday to find the loaf ready and waiting. I'd missed lunch before I left work and was starving so I cut myself a couple of thick slices and grabbed some cheese and ham to enjoy an easy, late lunch.

My girls had already eaten earlier but they are always curious about new foods so I gave them a chunk each.

"That's tiger bread," I told them.

Both seemed to enjoy it, especially Angelica who came sniffing around for more. I gave her another piece before asking her,

"And what did you have for your lunch today?"

She thought for a moment, then with a big grin said,

"Lion rolls!"

You've got to give her credit for trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment