Monday 19 July 2010

Down The Toilet

Angelica proved to us yesterday that she is some kind of amazing memory master.

We went to our favourite Italian restaurant for lunch. She's not big on actually eating when we go out but she's always well-behaved and enjoys the crayons and pictures the restaurant provide to colour with. It's no big deal; making a child feel bad for not eating in a public place is something I'm never intending to do. When it's done to you as a child yourself you learn that there are certain things you don't want to pass on to the next generation.

Natasha on the other hand will quite happily eat a while cheese and tomato pizza by herself, while my husband and I were looking forward to our lasagnes.

It had been a couple of months since we'd last been but Angelica clearly remembered the place. As soon as we sat down she decided to give us a recap of that had happened the last time we'd eaten there to set the standard for the day:

"Natasha eats a pizza and Daddy goes for a wee!"

The one time I ever recall my DH using the toilet in the restaurant, Angelica set it to memory as a vital part of the whole going-out-for-lunch experience.

"Yes," my husband hissed quietly, "I did go for a wee."

"Daddy goes for a wee!" Angelica repeated proudly, obviously pleased with her astounding memory.

The rest of the restaurant seemed fairly interested in what else our daughter might say about the family's toilet habits at this point but then someone brought over some crayons and Daddy's previous trip to the toilet was forgotten.

I don't think my husband is going to forget it for a while though!

No comments:

Post a Comment