Sunday 5 September 2010

Thumb Alert!

I have the unluckiest thumb in the world. Fact.

No one has a more unlucky thumb than I do.

Yesterday two horrible accidents befell it. First of all, I trapped it in the bathroom door. It was thanks to Angelica suddenly deciding she hadn't quite dried her hands thoroughly enough after cleaning her teeth, doubled back on herself into the bathroom while halfway out the door, I tried to stop the door from closing on her and ended up screaming as my thumb came away as the injured party from the experience.

Now, I have a fairly high pain threshold but I am not ashamed to admit I screamed. A LOT. My thumb has several interesting colours going on now, and is significantly thicker than the other one.

My thumb's unfortunate day didn't end there though. Having spent several hours with my thumb sticking out at a funny angle, trying not to let it touch anything, I wet to put something in a cupboard. I don't know how the following event occurred exactly, I have tried to work out what happened next but I can't. Somehow my thumbnail caught on the shelf and ripped right across. Once again I screamed. A LOT. I then panicked and ran around trying to smother the bleeding tip of my finger with plasters and antiseptic and the lower part with witchhazel and bandages.

I'm telling you, my thumb might as well have a number 13 tattooed on it. I just hope its unlucky streak is coming to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment