Thursday 19 August 2010

My Little Expert - Apparently!

My quiet little Natasha has suddenly become very vocal. She's gone from being a quiet little thing to talking all the time. ALL THE TIME! Where has this chatterbox come from?! It's so funny to see her come out of her shell at last!

One of the things she's recently been very vocal about is the identification of any animals she spies. She knows cats, dogs, rabbits, fish, mice, sheep, cows, pigs... oh, and of course guinea pigs, but she's known them for a long time.

Today I was wondering where to take the girls for a walk and decided to take them to the pet shop. I wanted to show Natasha the fish.

"You can point them out when you see them," I told Natasha, "considering you're now an expert."

Angelica, who'd been listening, piped up,

"I'm an expert!"

Not having any idea that she would know what the word meant I asked her,

"Oh yeah? And what are you an expert on then, sweetheart?"

She looked at me as though I was stupid for not knowing already and replied casually,

"Antiques."

My mouth fell open. Where on earth did she learn the word antiques?! How did she even link it up?! And more importantly, if I took her to an antique shop d'you think she'd have an eye for a bargain?!

Life with children is never, ever dull, that's for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment