Saturday 1 January 2011

All My Children

My eldest child was born on a sunny day in March 2007, but I was a mother long before that. I was a mother the first time I saw a faint line appear on a pregnancy test, some three years earlier. I was a mother when my first furbaby won my heart and we took him home to save him from the pile of rabbits and other guinea pigs that were climbing on top of him. I was a mother when I finally saw a baby with a heartbeat on an ultrasound. Just because my first child was born almost 4 years ago, doesn't mean I was not already a mother before she arrived in the world.

I want to talk about all of my children. Not just the three that I carried in my womb for nine months, but the ones who couldn't hold on for long enough, and the ones who may be covered in fur but still are my babiesnone the less.

I have wanted to share the story of each of mychildren for a long time but never found the strength and energy to write about them all. I didn't make any new year's resolutions as such but I did promise myself that in 2011 I would share the story of each and every one. Over the next couple of months, that's what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment