Sunday 19 December 2010

When Breast Isn't Best

Since we got home Sam and I have managed to get into a good supplementing routine. After the initial difficulties in hospital he has taken to breastfeeding like a pro and has also taken to bottles to give me a break so I can continue recuperating from the CFS relapse I've suffered over the last year.

Yesterday it was clear he was entering a growth spurt - he was one very hungry young man and spent most of the day on my breast. Later in the day I decided to make him up a bottle so I could have a break as I was feeling drained and set off into the kitchen to do so.

From back in the lounge I heard Sam grumbling and Angelica getting concerned about him.

"He needs to latch on, I think," she advised, like an expert on breastfeeding.

The response from my husband wasn't quite what I was expecting to hear.

"Angelica, only mummy can breastfeed Sam. And pull your jumper down!"

There are some things a big sister just isn't able to help with, no matter how much they might love their siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment