Sunday 28 February 2010

Birthday Time

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. We all took a trip to the coast for the day. It was the first time that the girls had seen the sea. They both took to it immediately, as though they had an in-built love of the coast pre-programmed into them before birth. Yes, we came away with a wellington boot full of pebbles that they'd insisted on keeping and yes, now we have to deal with an almost-3-year-old asking us every twenty seconds if we can go to the seaside again but it was a wonderful day and I couldn't have asked for better.

So now I can get on with the business of being 30. My 20s were a bit of a mixed bag. Some very good things happened and some very bad things happened. When I turned 20 I was nearing the end of my education and worrying about finding a job, and hating the job I'd eventually find. Now I'm turning 30 and I have a family, work that I love and a home I feel comfortable and happy in.

I am, however, entering the age of officially declining fertility and wondering whether we'll ever be blessed with another baby. I know I was pushing my luck to have my girls, but my family still doesn't feel complete.

That having been said, this is probably the most hopeful I have felt about a cycle in a long while - but don't tell anyone ;) I am testing at the end of next week and expecting BFNs, but if I got two beautiful lines it would be the best late birthday present of them all

1 comment:

  1. Always praying for you honey xxx
    Lots of women have babies in their 30s. (I was 31 when I had Daniel! :)) I believe you will get your miracle hun. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete